Cybercrime is on the rise around the world every day, and cybercriminals are becoming more agile.
But how do you stay one step ahead? Building a good cyber defense system and predicting threats are key elements in the fight against cybercrime, but neither stability nor management is possible without reliable and sophisticated cyber risk management plans.
Cyberattacks can vary from system and social media hacking, phishing attacks, malware such as ransomware, personal data theft, social engineering, and denial of service attacks. That is why international standards become indispensable for global protection.
The first step should be to identify the risks that the organization may face, and then decide on the means of control that need to be put into operation to mitigate those risks. The ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards, developed by ISO and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), is a trusted and proven tool for building reliable solutions against cybercrimes.
The series of standards includes:
• ISO/IEC 27001 “Information technology – Security techniques – Information security management systems – Requirements»
• ISO/IEC 27002 «Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice of information security management»
• ISO/IEC 27003 “Information technology – Security techniques – Guidance for implementing an information security management system”
• ISO/IEC 27004 “Information technology – Security techniques – Information security management systems – Measurement”
• ISO/IEC 27005 “Information technology – Security techniques – Information security risk management”
• ISO/IEC 27031 “Information technology – Security techniques – Guidance for the security readiness of information and communication technology before their use for business continuity management” and so on. The ISO 22301 «Business continuity management system – General requirements» standard, which defines the requirements for business continuity management in case of incidents, including inaccessibility and loss of information, is also of undoubted benefit.